Affiliates were asked “Do you cloak links (CGI, .htaccess, meta redirect, etc.)?” for the latest Affiliate Summit AffStat Report.
The majority of respondents, at 61.6%, said no, and the remaining 38.4% indicated they do cloak their links.
I am sort of surprised that more affiliates are not cloaking their links. I am pretty sure I was doing this as far back as the 90s.
At the time, I was using meta redirects, and more recently via an .htaccess file. For the past six months, I’ve been using a WordPress plugin called Pretty Link.
Last year, I posted a primer on redirecting and cloaking affiliate links.
Over eleven-hundred and fifty affiliates were surveyed on their methods, preferences, and strategies for the 2010 Affiliate Summit AffStat Report.