Today at the Affiliate Summit, Wayne Porter was honored with the Affiliate Summit Legend Award. This was the first time the award was given, and it’s purpose is to recognize individuals in affiliate marketing who have distinguished themselves as leaders and innovators.
The award will be bestowed upon additional players in the affiliate marketing space at future Affiliate Summit events.
Wayne Porter was recognized on the first day of Affiliate Summit 2006 because of his extensive work in affiliate marketing dating back to the 1990’s. Some of Wayne’s contributions to the industry have been…
- AffiliateHelp.com – publisher of this early resource for affiliates
- Affiliate Union – on the Board of Directors for this effort to establish a group of affiliates to create a certification for affiliate programs
- AffTrack – VP of Product Development
- ReveNews – one of the founders
- Affiliate Marketing 101 – co-authored guide for Webmasters to succeed as affiliates
- Organizer and moderator of the Performance Marketing Summit in November 2002, which spurred on the networks to establish policies regarding affiliates using adware, BHO’s, etc
Recently, he was the CEO of XBlock Systems, and he’s now Senior Director of Greynet Research at FaceTime Security Labs. His projects and work include the popular SpywareGuide, X-RayPC Process Analyzer and working with the Federal Trade Commission to help shape spyware policy as well as the co-creation of two patent-pending technologies to contain unwanted software on corporate networks.
Wayne was unable to make it to the Affiliate Summit conference, and his award was accepted by Jim Kukral, Publisher of ReveNews.