The keynote speaker for Monday, January 10 at Affiliate Summit West 2011 will be Drew Eric Whitman, internationally renowned advertising trainer who specializes in teaching the psychology behind the response, and he wrote one of my favorite business books, Cashvertising.
The subtitle of the book sums it up well: “How to Use More than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone.”
There are a lot of practical tips on how to persuade consumers to purchase goods and services.
Some things Whitman shares in the book:
- 60% of people read only your headline and what to do about it
- Captions under photos get 200% greater readership than non-headline copy
- Ads with sale prices draw 20% more attention
- To double your ad’s attention-getting value, you must enlarge it 400%
- Four-color ads are up to 45% more effective than black and white
I’d encourage anybody heading to Affiliate Summit to grab a copy and read it.
It’s a quick, informative read, and I can seriously say it will change (in significant, positive ways) how you do business if you take what you learn from the book and apply it.
The keynote will be at the Encore Theater from 9:45am to 10:45am on Monday, January 10, 2011.