I Tweeted back on June 1 that I was looking for a new laptop, and got lots of good advice – thanks to @CarissaMania, @Ed, @FiveAds, @gloungepartner, @LionelatDell, @michaelvorel, and @NickRac.
I settled on a Dell Studio XPS 13 and just unboxed it.
Here are some specs…
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 (6MB cache/2.66GHz/1066Mhz FSB)
- Memory: 6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1067MHz (2 Dimms)
- LCD and Camera: Edge-to-Edge 13.3″ HD WXGA Slim WLED LCD in Obsidian Black w/1.3 MP Webcam
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500M – 256MB
- Hard Drive: 256GB Solid State Drive
- Internal Optical Drive: Slot Load DVD+/-RW (DVD/CD read/write)
- Sound Card: High Definition Audio 2.0
- Wireless Networking Cards: Dell Wireless 1510 802.11n Half Mini-Card
- Primary Battery: 56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
It’s a pretty, sleek machine in “Obsidian Black with Leather Accent” – I wish I could say it was Corinthian leather. But I didn’t get it for the looks – I love the guts of this thing.
I can’t wait to switch over to this for my full-time laptop and video editing machine. Good night, Vostro.