I recently had a nice chat with Ken Evoy, founder of SiteSell and creator of SBI!, and we discussed the differences between blogging vs. building a theme-based content site.
I’ve known Ken since the 90’s(!), when I read his book “Make Your Site SELL!” (MYSS!), and it was fun to catch up and talk about creating affiliate sites.
Some things we touched on…
- The changes in the affiliate marketing landscape from 1997 to today
- What you need to know when starting an affiliate business now
- Who blogging is for (and not for)
- Who theme-based content sites are for
- What happens when you take a break from blogging
- What happens when you put a content site on auto-pilot
- Socialization of the Net and how it augments your business
- Which platforms deliver a complete package of process-and-tools for building a successful e-business
Enjoy the chat and if you haven’t gotten your first affiliate site up, yet, get it going.
Anybody can do it – it just takes patience, diligence, and a unique idea.