I recently sat down for a chat with Lily Shen, Senior Manager of eBay’s (NASDAQ:EBAY) U.S. Affiliate Program, and asked a bunch of questions.
As senior manager of eBay’s U.S. Affiliate Program, Lily Shen leads eBay’s affiliate marketing efforts in the U.S. and works closely with the global eBay affiliate teams.
Lily has been with eBay for six and a half years, focusing on strategy, direct marketing, business development and, for the past two years, Internet marketing.
I asked Lily the following questions…
- What sets eBay’s Affiliate Program apart from the other affiliate programs that are out there?
- What are some of the tools and resources that eBay has innovated to help affiliates to succeed?
- Are you using any kind of Web 2.0 methods for communication or have any events or any kinds of things to get in touch with the affiliates and keep in contact?
- As far as the different types of affiliates, there are so many types of affiliates out there, is there a particular kind of affiliate that is usually more successful with your affiliate program?
- For affiliates from the newbies up to the experienced ones, do you have any particular tips and tricks to help them maximize their revenue with the affiliate program?
- Do you have any tips for affiliates that want to expand beyond the US borders as an affiliate?
- I’ve been hearing a lot about affiliates trying to play around with both video and mobile phone. Do you see either one of those playing a role with the eBay affiliate program in the near future?
- I got some announcements in the past month about Project Rover. How the affiliate program has changed with that?