This week on the Brandmouthing podcast, I talk about the inconsistancy of URLs for Major League Baseball teams and their sites in Spanish.
I noticed this after seeing that the Yankees have YankeesBeisbol.com and the Mets have LosMets.com.
I realize that some MLB teams couldn’t get their team name in a dot com, but since the Spanish sites came later, I think it would have made sense to have some consistency in the naming convention across the sites for the Spanish sites, since they are all overseen by MLB.
- New York Yankees in English: Yankees.com
- New York Yankees in Spanish: YankeesBeisbol.com
- New York Mets in English: Mets.com
- New York Mets in Spanish: LosMets.com
- Oakland A’s: OaklandAthletics.com