I wrote about how my hands were hurting about six weeks ago, and how my doctor thought I was in the early stages of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Well, I’m happy to report that the aching and pins and needles feeling in my hands has gone away, thanks to using some splints and making my office more ergonomic.
Here are the things I purchased to help out my condition:
- Futuro Wrist Support, Cushioning Beads, Adjust To Fit (got 1 for each arm and wore while sleeping for a few weeks)
- Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000
- Logitech Trackman Wheel Optical (a little tough to get used to using after years of regular mice)
- 3M Gel-Filled Wrist Rest With Integrated Mousing Surface
- 3M Adjustable Height Monitor Stand MS90B
If you’re feeling uncomfortable sensations in your hands, I’d definitely encourage you to get over to your doctor and address it right away.
The whole experience freaked me out, because I was worried my ability to do this work I love was going to evaporate.