DirectTrack, who power 125 CPA networks, are releasing a new feature so that all their networks can share information on affiliates that commit fraud.
So if a fraudster joins XYZ network, then gets booted, he won’t know that if he joins ABC company that the folks at DirectTrack are monitoring him and flagging him. Some of the fraud management tools include:
- Shared report across all clients of previously caught frauders
- Auto deny applications based on countries and other criteria
- Authentication of tracking pixels to prevent affiliates from generating false leads/sales
- Notification to networks if tracking pixels on their advertisers sites are removed
- FraudMeter that constantly monitors affiliate activity to look for trends & characteristics common with fraud
While the safe havens are being destroyed for affiliate fraudsters, I’d encourage any companies with their affiliate programs on auto-approval to switch to manual approval to build some protection on your front ends.