Affiliates were asked “Does your affiliate marketing plan currently incorporate marketing on social networking sites?” for the latest Affiliate Summit AffStat Report.
The majority of respondents, at 67.5%, said yes, and the remaining 32.5% indicated they do not incorporate social networking sites into their marketing.
There was a follow-up question, “If you answered YES to the above questions, which social networking sites are you currently using in your affiliate marketing efforts?”
Not surprisingly, Twitter topped the list with 26.9% of the vote, followed by Facebook at 25.9%.
LinkedIn, MySpace, StumbleUpon and eight others rounded out the social networks being used by affiliate marketers.
Over eleven-hundred and fifty affiliates were surveyed on their methods, preferences, and strategies for the 2010 Affiliate Summit AffStat Report.
More details on AffStat at http://affstat.com/.