Affiliates were asked “Are you currently integrating video in your affiliate marketing plan?” for the 2011 Affiliate Summit AffStat Report.
A large majority of respondents, at 70%, said no, and the remaining 30% are currently dabbling in video for their affiliate marketing efforts.
I started playing around with video as an affiliate several years ago, and that was partly because there were not many affiliates doing it.
My Affiliate Summit partner, Missy Ward, and I ran a successful affiliate site for years called WeViews. We recently closed it down, due to time constraints.
We reviewed all sorts of gadgets and random items starting in 2007.
The video with the most views during that time was apparently popular because I had crazy eyes (I was trying not to blink for the whole thing).
What’s holding you back from trying video, whether you’re an affiliate or merchant?
Over fourteen-hundred affiliates were surveyed on their methods, preferences, and strategies for the 2011 Affiliate Summit AffStat Report.
More details on AffStat at http://affstat.com/.