Affiliate Manager Greg Hoffman has published an ebook that is a quick start guide for merchants that are clueless about affiliate marketing.
The ebook, Affiliate Management for Ma, Pa and the Corporate Clueless, covers five steps to form a strategic plan for an affiliate program before, during and after its launch.
The steps are…
- How to prepare the product and the site for affiliate traffic
- How to competitively structure the program
- What technical tools are needed for the program
- What are the fundamentals of program management
- Keeping the program relevant and successful
The ebook covers the basics, and I’d recommend it for people starting up an affiliate program for the first time.
It wouldn’t be so useful for anybody with some experience as an affiliate manager.
Affiliate Management for Ma, Pa and the Corporate Clueless also includes some worksheets, a report template, and launch checklist.
If you are not familiar with Greg Hoffman, he’s been managing affiliate programs for quite a while. I got to know him back in 2007 when I heard how he got a job interview by delivering some donuts with his resume.
I’ve known him ever since and he knows his stuff.