I’m going to take you on a little tour of a day in the life of an affiliate marketing. In this case, it’s a chronicle of what I did on Wednesday, November 14, 2007.
Since I get questions about my typical day at AskShawnCollins.com from time to time, I thought I’d put together a short video to tell the story.
My day consists of various things related to being an affiliate, affiliate manager and working on the Affiliate Summit conference.
Here is a time-line from this day:
- 01:00 – Start of the day with a post to my blog and catch up on e-mail – then some sleep
- 07:00 – Wake up with some Diet Dr. Pepper and check out e-mails that came overnight
- 07:30 – Team up with my dog, Mickey, to wake up my three daughters
- 07:45 – Drink some hot caffeine in the form of black coffee; breakfast for the kids
- 08:00 – Double-team the kids with my wife, Vicky, to get teeth and hair brushed
- 08:10 – Walk my daughter, Caity, to school
- 08:20 – Wait for the bus with my daughter, Lexie
- 08:30 – Write up letters to welcome the Affiliate Summit speakers
- 09:15 – Drive my daughter, Kerri, to school
- 10:00 – Weekly call with Payless ShoeSource to discuss the latest on the affiliate program
- 11:00 – Work up a list of stories to cover on the Affiliate Thing show
- 12:00 – Co-host the Affiliate Thing show with Lisa Picarille of Revenue Magazine
- 12:35 – Wrap up the Affiliate Thing show and write a recap of the show for the Affiliate Thing show
- 13:00 – Wolf down a sandwich for lunch
- 13:30 – Walk a few miles to get fresh air, exercise, deposit affiliate checks, pick up mail, and catch up on podcasts
- 14:30 – Shower and shave
- 15:00 – Record a video review for WeViews.tv and a few other videos for various projects
- 16:00 – Edit the videos with Sony Vegas Movie Studio software
- 16:30 – Render the videos (compile them into a format suitable for uploading)
- 17:00 – Upload the videos to TubeMogul.com to distribute them
- 17:45 – Write a blog post for WeViews.tv on Send a Ball
- 18:30 – Spark up the grill and cook some dinner
- 20:00 – Wash the dishes and clean up the kitchen – then some hang time with my wife until she goes to sleep
- 23:00 – Finish off this day by the glow of my monitor. I write the weekly Affiliate Summit newsletter and set it up to mail the next day in AWeber
By the way, the video for a day in my life was shot on my Flip Video Ultra and MacBook 13-inch White 2.16GHz.
Thanks for spending the day with me.