There’s a thing going on called Blog Tag where somebody who is tagged has to write five things about themselves that many people in the industry don’t know. Then they have to tag five blog friends to do the same and continue the chain.
I was just blog tagged by Sam Harrelson, so here’s my list of fun facts:
- I moved to NYC with the hope of being a writer in 1994. I sold just one article which detailed my experiences as a ticket scalper to the New York Press for $100.
- I can’t sleep or work without background noise. While working, I generally enjoy the likes of Jerry Springer, Maury Povich, and pretty much anything on VH1, MTV, E! and Comedy Central. Then it’s talk radio all night long.
- In 2002, I ran the site for Cory Booker when he ran for mayor of Newark, NJ. He lost that time (there’s a documentary about it called Street Fight), and then won in 2006. I think he’ll be President of the US by 2028.
- I spent five years in college and didn’t take a single marketing course.
- I’ve never tried drugs, but I’m hopelessly addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper (8-12 cans a day).
It seems the idea originated in The Jeff Pulver Blog on December 10, 2006, and how it’s whipping out of control.
I tracked back my blog tag ancestors, and it’s a long and glorious list: Dave Gale > Avinash Kaushik > Andy Beal > ShoeMoney > Kris Jones > Shmuly Tennenhaus > Jim Kukral > Sam Harrelson > Me
Now it’s my turn to tag… Connie Berg, Jon F., Scott Jangro, Lisa Picarille, and Anik Singal.