Performics and the e-tailing group have released ten tips for affiliates to maximize commissions during the holiday season.
Here are their Ten Ideas to Better Reach and Convert Holiday Shoppers:
- Centralize and prominently position free shipping offers: shoppers flock to these
- Create a sense of urgency: remind shoppers of the number of days until Christmas
- Create a suggestions page: provide gift recommendations segmented by price/recipient
- Inspire impulse holiday purchasing: showcase top sellers, editor’s favorites, etc.
- Make finding merchants and merchant offers simple: visibility leads to conversion
- Aggressively promote sale offers: segment deals by percentage/dollar off, just added sales, soon to expire sales, etc.
- Remember last minute shoppers: highlight gift certificates during final shopping days
- Ensure timely delivery: note stock status/shipping availability at merchant/product level
- Support the brand: provide shoppers with comprehensive contact information, including FAQ locations and store-based information
- Think long term: collect email opt-ins for future alerts, newsletters, etc.
This checklist is based on the e-commerce merchandising expertise of the e-tailing group and a review of 25 affiliate sites through a Performics sponsored study.