You have an opinion on politics – that’s great. Guess what, those memes, videos, and articles you’ve been sharing are the worst.
But you still keep sharing your sanctimonious thoughts on the election. Maybe you are even thinking about making a donation.
If so, stop. Stop it right now. You’d just be funding the junk mail, robocall, spam machine.
Instead, how about joining me to fight breast cancer?
You see, on October 15-16, I will be walking 39.3 miles in NYC in AVON 39: The Walk to End Breast Cancer.
The money I raise will be managed and disbursed by the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade to help provide access to care for those who most need it, fund educational programs, and accelerate research into new treatments and potential cures.
Please donate $5 or more for the cause.
Here are some examples of the difference you can make…
- $125 helps four homebound breast cancer patients receive nutritious meals while undergoing treatment
- $200 helps an uninsured person access life-saving tests, such as a mammogram or a bone scan to see if breast cancer has spread
- $500 helps two uninsured breast cancer patients access chemotherapy treatment
- $1,000 helps a new patient receive blood work to determine the best course of treatment for their particular breast cancer
- $2,500 helps a low-income woman or man overcome medical, financial, and social obstacles during a breast cancer diagnosis, with guidance and support from an Avon Patient Navigator
- $5,000 covers the cost of a surgical breast biopsy for an uninsured patient
I look forward to hearing what you have to say after the election. Or if you have some posts about sports, dogs, or food, share away now.