Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman is a great book for anybody who is into advertising and marketing.
There are a lot of practical tips on how to persuade consumers to purchase goods and services.
Some things Whitman shares in the book:
- 60% of people read only your headline and what to do about it
- Captions under photos get 200% greater readership than non-headline copy
- Ads with sale prices draw 20% more attention
- To double your ad’s attention-getting value, you must enlarge it 400%
- Four-color ads are up to 45% more effective than black and white
There is a good synopsis of Cashvertising on the Wicked Fire forum, which led to my buying and reading it.