Back in December 2010, I was in negotiations to write a book with a big publisher on affiliate marketing, but I didn’t like the direction (“get rich quick”) they wanted to go or that they would own the content.
And then there is the permanence of a printed book. The way of doing things evolves, but the advice in the book stay the same.
I wrote “Successful Affiliate Marketing for Merchants” back in 2000, and large parts were obsolete when it hit the shelves in 2001.
So anyway, I decided to take the process I use to create affiliate sites and share it for free as a blog, and the result was Extra Money Answer.
Here are all of the sections and subsections for anybody who wants to get started with an affiliate site.
- Introduction to the Extra Money Answer
- Pick a Topic for Your Site
- How to Create Content
- Brainstorm a Domain Name
- Website Hosting
- Using Email to Drive Traffic
- Secure Your Social Media Names
- Driving Traffic to Your Website
- Finding Affiliate Programs
- Creating Affiliate Links
- Enhanced Statistics for Affiliates
- Education for Affiliate Marketers
Stay tuned in the near future for a Kindle version for anybody who wants a more portable format.